"However, profile exchange is optional"

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 20:49:16 UTC 2006

Johannes Ernst wrote:

> It may turn out that after so many different methods of doing single
> sign-on, and so many different capabilities for doing profile  exchange,
> or whatever other capabilities have all been tried out in  the market,
> "everybody" migrates to one particular way of doing it. I  would have no
> problem in taking such a universally accepted  capability and adding it
> to the YADIS spec itself. (Or, well, maybe  better: create a second spec
> but under the YADIS project's umbrella).

In that case, let's call what we're currently working on "The YADIS
Capability Discovery Protocol", so that later on we can also release
"The YADIS Sign-on Protocol" and "The YADIS Profile Exchange Protocol"
without confusing everyone.

In a nutshell, YADIS becomes the name of us — the group that's producing
the specs — rather than the name of the specification itself.

Substitute something else for "YADIS" when we finally figure out what
we're going to call this thing.