multiple URI elements per Service in XRDs

Kevin Turner kevin at janrain.com
Thu Jan 19 19:12:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 10:48 -0800, Johannes Ernst wrote:
> Yes, but will they truly be on the same service? It appears to me
> that if I have a choice of doing the same thing via HTTP and HTTPS,
> I'd have a preference which one should be used, and thus they would
> be in different service elements with different priority attributes?

XRD allows for priority attributes on the URI element as well as on the
Service element.  So I'd probably want to express that case as

  <Service priority="10">
    <Type>http://openid.net/signon/1.0</Type>
    <URI priority="10">https://www.myopenid.com/server</URI>
    <URI priority="15">http://www.myopenid.com/server</URI>