Basic Java OpenID Implementation

Nathan D. Bowen nbowen+yadis at andtonic.com
Tue May 31 09:27:17 PDT 2005

I've been working on a Java implementation of both a consumer and an ID
server.

My goal is for the core stuff to be usable in existing webapps without
editing the code. I've started defining the interfaces for that, but
there are still things that are hard-coded. It's maybe halfway there.

In the meantime, though, the project functions as a working example, and
I suppose in a pinch it could be edited for use in "real life". Be
warned -- there are definitely a couple of important checks that are
currently being skipped, and performance is going to suffer until at
least some things are cached.

If anyone else on the list is working in Java and would like to test
this stuff out (or even help with development), you can find all the
source and a sample installation at:

    http://www.idprism.org

I'd love to hear any comments, questions, complaints, or suggestions.