Trying to get MUC Working

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 19:46:54 UTC 2007

Gavin Mogan wrote:
> iq:browse: http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0011.html
> iq:agents: http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0094.html
> <http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0094.html>
>
> Both seem pretty simple, but both are depreciated.
>
> I know pandion (http://www.pandion.be/) uses iq:browse to find services
> that are available.
>
> So is it possible to implement hooks that other plugins can tie into to
> implement iq:browse? or is this something that has to be done through core?

I just quickly skimmed the source (not looked at djabberd for a while!)
and it seems that the hook "c2s-iq" can be used to intercept and handle
client-to-server iq stanzas.

I'm not sure how you deal with iqs relayed from other servers. Perhaps
c2s-iq does those too, or maybe there's some other hook, or maybe you
just can't process them at all! c2s is probably the most important case
for browsing and disco, anyway.