install on Solaris?

Colin Murtaugh cmurtaugh at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 12:48:28 PDT 2005

Thanks for the tip; I discovered that there was an unresolved symbol
error being generated by the libevent test:

socketpair
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.1/../../../
libevent.a(signal.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

which I was ultimately able to resolve by setting some CFLAGS:

export CFLAGS='-lsocket -lmalloc -lresolv'

as mentioned in this post:

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2004-August/000766.html

I also had to change test/test.sh to use bash instead of sh on my
system.

Seems to be working now!

--Colin