memcached and epoll vs. select

Gregory Block gblock at ctoforaday.com
Wed Mar 16 01:39:48 PST 2005

Due to a bug in the MacOS/X kernel in 10.3, the only safe function to
use is select.  I do so with no difficulty whatsoever, other than the
performance penalties associated with this.

Basically, they're all perfectly functional - whether or not the
performance is acceptable is entirely a problem of the application
domain, the number of parallel connections being processed, the
activity of your application, etc.

So, in short, "suck it and see" is probably the right answer.  :)