help a systems admin understand....

William Ottley williamottley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:06:15 UTC 2007

If memcached is just a layer of caching on top of the existing
database, can someone explain to me how its possible to have user #1
write to database #1, and have user #2 access database #2, with the
same "changed" information that user #1 wrote to database #1?

if memcached is to communicate to all the databases, with the "server
list"? Is it that user #1 isn't really writing to the database, but
writing to the memcached? and then after a while it gets sent down to
the database? that's why user #2 can quickly access the writing done
by user #1, because all the memcached machines are fast, because its
all up in memory?

Thanks for trying to get a systems admin to understand database
functionality! :$

William