[ANN] Cache::Memcached::Fast 0.03

Tomash Brechko tomash.brechko at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:44:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 17:17:13 +0300, Tomash Brechko wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 23:02:16 -0800, Jason Titus wrote:
> > On Mac OS X 10.5.1,  0.03 is still failing many of the tests:
>
> Good that RHEL passed.  On Mac OS X there are actually two failures
> (others are derived from those):
>
>  - client failed to store the value of 1,000,000 bytes (compressed?).
>
>  - serialization of %hash failed.

It turned out to be a problem with the test case.  For Ketama to hash
server names differently, localhost was also spelled as 127.0.0.1 and
localhost.localdomain, but latter name is apparently not resolved on
FreeBSD and derivatives :/.  Since the module doesn't rehash the keys
(for good, otherwise there's a number of consistency problems arise),
one server was missing, and no request to it could succeed.

Cache::Memcached::Fast 0.05 is uploaded to CPAN (will take some time
to propagate).  Again, no new functionality there, just compilation and
tests fixes, and some docs update.  BTW,

  http://cpantesters.perl.org/show/Cache-Memcached-Fast.html#Cache-Memcached-Fast-0.04

reports 29 PASSES and 4 FAILS for 0.04 as of this moment (all but
Windows will hopefully be fixed with this release), but don't be
misled: most testers do not have memcached installed and running, thus
tests simply "pass by".  So if you encounter any problem with the
module, please don't hesitate to report a bug via CPAN's Request
Tracker, or, if it doesn't work for you, mail me directly.

Jason, when you'll have a moment, please try 0.05 on Mac OS X.  Thanks
in advance!

P.S.: I hope we'll see new useful features in 0.06 ;).

--
   Tomash Brechko