java memcached client & tomcat

Balázs Lécz leczbalazs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:33:43 UTC 2007

Hi!

It is pretty much possible, that the built-in Java
serialization/deserialization burns many CPU cycles. We also bumped
into this problem. We implemented custom serialization/deserialization
methods for our heavily-used objects. It saved a lot of memory on the
memcached nodes and a lot of CPU time on the application server nodes.
Use a profiler to check the cause of the increased CPU usage.

Balázs Lécz