Memcached hackathon

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu Jun 28 17:11:46 UTC 2007

Ivan,

> Is there a reason to start this process in person? Many of us are
> outside the Bay Area but are interested in hearing your ideas and
> what you want to work on. FWIW, I propose engaging the community
> through the most-accessible channel (mailing list) first, and in
> person only after that.

Hey, you're ruining my plan to wine & dine the memcached developers at Sun
expense.  ;-)

You're right that I've no budget for airfare, though.

I think that Roy Lyseng has already joined this list.  Most of the Sun
developers involved are coming to Memcached off a clustered database project
which isn't quite finished yet, so they won't really be reading the list
until August.   Still, I'll get the ones who aren't working 11-hour days to
speak up.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun