Danga::Socket, epoll, resolved. New Problem: ports numbers!

Justin Azoff JAzoff at uamail.albany.edu
Wed Jul 13 19:41:45 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 19:12 -0400, j.ignacio.leon at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello!
> After many hours of digging around the MogileFS code, I found out the
> hard way that Danga::Socket does not like 64 bit Linux (at least not
> on Centos 4.1). I found the comments in Socket.pm about Syscall
> numbers being hard coded from the Linux i386 32 bit -- so decided to
> end my epoll problems by installing a regular i386 version of Centos
> 4.1.
>
> My problem now is that I cannot get the server components talking
> properly.  Using mogtool (from cvs) I was able to at least get some
> tempfile entries to appear in the mysql db... much further than
> before!

[snip]

file uploading is a 3 stage process.
1) the client "opens" a file and is given one or more locations to
upload to.
2) the client uploads the file
3) the client "closes" the file

step 1 is where the server adds the tempfile entry, this doesn't involve
mogstored at all.  If the temporary file never actually appears on the
mogstored, which I bet it doesn't, your mogstored is broken, or at least
the port referencing it is wrong :-)

you can check to see if the mogstored is working or not by just trying
to upload and download a file from it, it's nothing special.  Barring a
permission problem, it is probably working fine.

my guess is that your host table in the database still references port
7500.  Also, since you never mentioned port 7501, you probably have to
fix that too.  7501 is only used for the size request, and would only
cause a slight slowdown if broken anyway.

You should be able to enable debugging in mogtool to see what port it
tries to connect to.

> Any Ideas?  The changing back and forth of ports from the
> documentation, sample conf. files from cvs and the binaries has me all
> mixed up.

why not just use the defaults?

> Last one for today: Is it possible to run a mogstored on the same
> machine as mogilefsd?

yep

--
-- Justin Azoff