Input on best practices for serving files

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Fri Apr 11 08:36:55 UTC 2008

Maybe if you give us something a little more like a TOC? I'm a little
lost in seeing how you're organizing this.

I'm thinking something like:

- WTF is MogileFS?
- Overview of moving parts (can has perlbal, can has tracker, mogstored,
db, etc)
- Why does it scale (no raid, individual devices, individual hosts, ...)
- Installing / getting it going / requirements (two hosts.. devices, etc)
- Overview of mogadm
- Code examples for storing data
- Full example of serving up data
- Basic troubleshooting.
- Advanced stuff
   - Adding a "read" http to mogstored's (does not require DAV)
   - Replacing a mogstored (requires DAV, something to dump iostat)
   - Managing tracker jobs. More repls == more DB load, blah blah.
   - What each of the tracker jobs does
   - !watch on a tracker
   - Monitoring
   - DB stats (see earlier thread for some info!)

I dunno. stuff.

-Dormando