SIGHUP?

Matthew Pitts mpitts at a3its.com
Tue Oct 9 18:31:02 UTC 2007

I've been running through the archives and found some mentions of using
the telnet interface for changing Perlbal's config on the fly. But I
really want to know if there is a signal I can send to Perlbal that will
tell it to re-read the config file and rebuild the running config.

We're using Perlbal as a single-public-IP frontend to a bunch of
commodity VMs, none of which have any real traffic, so a slight glitch
in service is acceptable, but I'd rather have a single command like kill
-SIGHUP <perlbal pid> than having to kill it completely and start a new
instance.

TIA for input on this one.

--
Matthew W. Pitts