General things to consider

Kurt Raschke kurt at raschke.net
Wed Nov 2 12:23:23 PST 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 7:46 AM, Martin Atkins wrote:

> OpenID doesn't go away. YADIS is an additional layer on top of
> OpenID. The signon bit underneath will remain unchanged. In
> practice, I'd guess that old OpenID users would also go on
> including the openid.server and openid.delegate links in documents
> for back-compat, so clued-in consumers would be able to bypass
> YADIS altogether in many cases.

 From a logistical standpoint, if OpenID is going to continue on as a
distinct entity, then should it get its own mailing list?

I think that a fair amount of the confusion stems from the fact that
YADIS was announced on the OpenID mailing list, and given that OpenID
itself was once named yadis, it seemed like YADIS was the next
generation of OpenID, and that OpenID as we know it was going away.

-Kurt