Announcing YADIS...again

Dan Libby danda at videntity.org
Tue Oct 25 20:10:55 PDT 2005

> What I would love to see is a consumer-side protocol for merging not
> just URL-based identification services, but also such things as GnuPG,
> LDAP or local user based ID services. That way, the consumer could be
> responsible for unifying all of this. Unfortunately, YADIS seems to miss
> the point by requiring modification to servers. Perhaps I am the one
> missing the point, though.
> --Chris

I would also like to see some form of profile exchange bolted on top of OpenID
( sooner, or later ).  However, the LID XML format seems a bit limited due to
its vcard heritage. ( yes, I know it is extensible, but I'm talking about the
core set. which is what most people would use )  Given that FOAFalready
exists, encompasses a lot more fields, and is extensible, it seems like a
possibility to me.  The mechanism for authorization would of course need to
be worked out.

Has FOAF been discussed on this list before?

--
Dan Libby

http://videntity.org/
 - One identity to login with them all
 - Social networking between websites and blogs