Simplifying OpenId

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Mon Jan 9 18:52:31 UTC 2006

You may be successful in communicating the answer, but we may still
disagree on the approach. :-)

Right now, I don't understand enough about how YADIS does what you
hint at to even comment on the approach. I see three possible reasons
on why I don't understand:

1) I am daft and just don't get how YADIS provides a "clean
foundation" by reading the documentation

2) the conversation happened, everyone on the list is aware, it is
just not well documented

3) YADIS is a method of discovering the most appropriate protocol to
use, per the web page http://yadis.org/wiki/Main_Page

"YADIS is a service discovery system allowing relying parties (aka
identity consumers or membersites) to determine automatically,
without end-user intervention, the most appropriate protocol to use."

If (1), then perhaps someone can make it less abstract and real for me.

if (2), then perhaps someone can document it, useful for all

if (3), then why not just document <link rel= ...> tags and each
protocol can work on solving all the issues in their own way?

-- Dick